Work Hard, Play Hard: The Affinity Way
Advertising agencies are notorious for working hard; long days, countless meetings, constantly aiming to ‘wow’ their clients, and meeting deadlines like there’s no tomorrow.
So with the fast paced, ever changing atmosphere and highly unpredictable days, why would someone choose to work in advertising? Well, you guessed it. Culture. Although advertising agencies work hard, they also play hard too.
We’re going to take the spotlight here for a moment and talk about ourselves; after all, you are on our blog! Here at Affinity, we go out of our way to ensure the culture is top notch so that our employees feel happy, challenged, and ultimately, ‘at home’.
Here is an insider’s scoop of our culture.
- Get cozy with our office pup, ‘Milo’ – she has the final say on all matters
- Embracing our inner DJ – there’s rarely a quiet moment in the office. The latest (and sometimes old school) tunes are always buzzing to keep our moods and energy up
- Stay healthy – we get fruit delivered to our office to start our days off right
- Running club on Tuesdays (a group of us run to the Opera House and back through Hyde Park – we feel a bit spoiled with our location)
- Thursday Think Tank – a company wide gathering to give us a chance to bond, laugh, drink, and share information about current trends and advertising campaigns, lead by a different department each week
- Friday happy hour! There may or may not be a trolley that rolls around at 5pm to kick off the weekend…
…and when we really need a break:
- We do out-of-office socials. In August, the entire Affinity crew went to an Escape Room in Darling Harbour (we attempted to sleuth our way through an Escapism puzzle room). There will be no comment on our outcome (#embarrassing).
We don’t want to brag (too much) about our awesome culture, but we are pretty proud of it. Don’t worry, we work hard too. Now, off to meet those deadlines!
PS if you’re ever in the area – there’s an open invitation to drop by and say hi to our team Insider’s tip: 5pm on Friday is usually a good time (hint hint, happy hour).